In Android, a custom recovery is very important for completing various tasks like flashing custom ROMs, Zip files and much more.Almost every Android Phones comes with pre-installed stock recovery, But Stock recovery comes very basic features like Installing Zip files, Wiping Cache etc.It is very difficult to flash ROMs like Lineage OS using Stock Recovery of Android so today I am sharing an article which will help you to install TWRP Recovery on Android With or Without Computer.There are many popular custom recovery like CWM, TWRP but I recommend TWRP because of its features.
Unlike Stock Recovery, You can take and restore backup using TWRP Recovery on Android.You can also install zip files from Internal memory of your Android phone.There are many things which are better in TWRP than Stock Recovery so You can checkout step-by-step instruction below to install TWRP Recovery on Android without PC or Computer.
Things Required For Flashing TWRP Recovery
The things which are required for installing custom rom like TWRP are given below.
- Rooted Android Phone [How to Root Android Phone]
- A Computer [Mandatory for first Method]
Task to Complete before Start Flashing TWRP Recovery
You will need to complete below task before start flashing TWRP Recovery on your Android Phone.
- Install USB Drivers of your Android Phone on your Computer.
- Backup your important Data
- Make Sure your Device has more than 50% Battery
After completing above tasks, You can start the procedure of flashing TWRP Recovery below.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Android via Fastboot
You can install TWRP Recovery on your Android Phone via Fastboot by following below step by step procedure.
Step 1. First of all, Download compatible TWRP Recovery .Img file for your Android Phone.You can download compatible TWRP Recovery .Img file by Clicking here.Now select your Brand and Model of your Android phone.You should download the TWRP Recovery file on your Computer.
Step 2. Now install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your Computer.You can install ADB and Fastboot with Drivers by following below steps.
Install ADB and Fastboot with Drivers
- Download 15 Seconds ADB Installer 14.3 or If it doesn’t work then Download Older Version.
- First Download the ADB Installer 14.3 from above link.
- Now install 15 Second ADB Installer.
- Now type Y and press Enter button. [For Installing ADB and Fastboot Drivers]
- Now again type Y and press Enter button.[For Making ADB System-wide]
- Now again type Y and press Enter button.[For Installing Drivers]
After that setup process will be completed.After installing ADB and Fastboot, You can continue to next steps.
Step 3. Now enable USB Debugging on your Android Phone.You can enable USB Debugging on your Android Phone by following below steps.
Steps to Enable USB Debugging On Android Phone
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down a bit and find ‘About Phone’. Should be at the bottom of the settings.
- This will show up many details such as Phone Model, Manufacturer’s Name, Kernel Version, Build Version, etc.Tap on ‘Build Number’ a few times. Usually, it takes about 7 taps.
- A small dialog will flash saying ‘Developer Options Enabled’ or something similar.
- Now press the ‘Back’ key and you will see that ‘Developer Options’ are added to the Settings.
- Tap on it and if the Slide next to ‘Developer Options Enabled’ isn’t in ON position, turn it ON.
- Now inside Developer Options, Check the check-box USB Dubugging.
- Now connect your Android Phone with your Computer.
- There should be USB Debugging listed in the status bar. If it asks for prompt, tap on ‘Always Enable’.
Now you have successfully enabled USB Debugging on your Android Phone.But if your Android phone has OEM Unlock Option then above method will not work for you.You can follow below steps to Enable USB Debbuging on Android with OEM Unlock.
Androids with OEM Unlock Option
- First of all, Enable the Developer Options by reading Step 1 to Step 6 above.
- Now open ‘Settings’.
- Fetch the recently unlocked ‘Developer Options’.
- Now go to ‘OEM Unlock’ in the Developer Options.
- And tap on the box right next to it.
- And that’s it! You can access the bootloader now.
Step 4. Now open the Folder where TWRP Recovery file is downloaded.
Step 5. Now open Command Window.You can do that by pressing Shift Button and Right Clicking Mouse on any empty space.After that click on Open Command Window Here.
Step 6. Now connect your Android Phone with your PC and type following Command in Command Window.
adb reboot bootloader
Note : If your asks for permission to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
Step 7. Now type the following command in Command Windows to start flashing TWRP Recovery in Android.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Note : Here rename twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file.
Step 8. After successfully flashing TWRP Recovery, You can reboot your Android Phone by following command.
Now TWRP Recovery is successfully installed in your Android Phone via Fastboot.
If you don’t have Computer then You can also install TWRP Recovery by following below steps.
Install TWRP Recovery On Android Without PC [Method 2]
You can also flash TWRP Recovery on Android without PC by using Flashify App by following below steps.
Step 2 . Now Download compatible TWRP Recovery .Img file for your Android Phone.You can download compatible TWRP Recovery .Img file by Clicking here.Now select your Brand and Model.
Step 3. Now open Flashify App and Accept disclaimer and Grant permission on popup.
Step 4. Now in Flash tab, Tap on Recovery Image and select the TWRP Recovery .Img file which you downloaded in second step.
Step 5. Now tap on Yup! button to start flashing TWRP Recovery on your Android Phone.
Now you have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on your Android Phone with or without Computer.If you face any kind of problems in flashing TWRP Recovery then contact us.We will try to solve your problems as soon as possible.